Saturday, April 25, 2009

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. It doesn't help that the weather is absolutely beautiful and I have to go in to work. I feel like my life is becoming this endless cycle of school and work. I understand summer is right around the corner, but even that knowledge brings on a sense of uncertainty instead of just relief. I don't want to spend this summer like I do every summer - sleeping in far too late, going to work, and otherwise doing nothing productive or exciting with my time.

I think today I've just let my mind wander far too much. I feel like I've lost touch with so many good people over the years for no reason other than my own laziness as far as making the effort to stay in touch with them and it really upsets me because it makes me wonder if it's too late to recover what I used to have. A lot of things are going to change soon - no more school, more hours at work, and moving back in with my parents. I'm not a fan of change but I'm sick of the cycle I'm in. It doesn't make any sense.

I'm completely relying on getting into NYU for grad school. I need to get away from this town, away from the neighboring city, even if it is for only a couple of years. I'm so desperate for a fresh start, but what am I supposed to do with the two years I still have left here?

No comments:

Post a Comment