Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So St. Patrick's Day was relatively quiet over here at 16 East Collings, but still fun. Pizza, beer, and a bonfire. The fact that I had class until 7:00 last night and again at 8:30 this morning limited my ability to really celebrate. But I got to hang out with some good friends and damage my lungs inhaling the phone book that we burned, so it was still relatively eventful. However, getting out of bed this morning was not easy at all. Thank you, Nick, for rubbing it in my face that you didn't have to go anywhere at all.



In dumber news, Temple's Tyler School of Art left a 10 foot trojan horse made out of cardboard in Hamilton Hall this morning with a note saying they've apparently declared "war" on every art school in the city, UArts included. One word: lame. I mean, what the fuck? First of all, if you have such little schoolwork to do over there that you honestly have time to make several of these horses and leave them at the schools in the area, I should consider transferring there. Secondly, don't you have something less retarded to do with your time or are you really just that bored? UArts sent out an e-mail recommending we don't retaliate but knowing people at UArts, that's probably going to happen anyway.

I got another four days straight at work which is excellent because I could certainly use the money. I thought I had my rent paid off last week, but that was until I had to buy my car a brand new set of four tires which I am still pretty miserable about but considering my car drives a thousand times better now, I guess I should be happy about it.

I'm heading back up to the studio tonight with Mike in hopes that tonight's screenprinting events are more successful than they've been lately. I'm so looking forward to getting these shirts done and it just seems like it's taking forever. Mike's been a huge help and I'm glad I'm teaching him to print because I am going to force him to help me with jobs from now on. He has become my apprentice/first employee/partner and he really doesn't have a say in the matter.



I must say, life is pretty excellent lately. Despite some of the bullshit, I can't really seem to stop smiling.

2 comments:

  1. I'm more than happy to be forced into screen printing. Once summer rolls around and I set up DG4L llc and get some trademarks, if you're down we can get JBSP llc set up legit, too. We'll be art school moguls with our own companies haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. JBSP is already set up as an LLC, haha :)

    ReplyDelete