Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I survived through my first day of classes (all ten and a half hours straight of them. Tuesdays are going to be the bane of my existance). I can see the work starting to pile up already, but I'm honestly ready for it. I'm glad I took the winter break given as a time to rearrange my priorities and I'm ready to give this semester the best try I have. I was so unimpressed with my grades last semester and I'm ready to step up to the plate. One of the professors I have is one I had last semester for painting and he almost failed me for never showing up to his class, so I need to do everything in my power to show up every week and show him that that's not who I am because it seriously isn't.

What I enjoyed most about today was the fact that UArts put the inauguration on the big screen in Hamilton Hall and gave students the option to go. I didn't think I was going to get to see it due to class, but luckily I did. This is the first election I voted in and I thought it important to see the inauguration. Regardless of anyone's personal views of Barack Obama, you have to admit the man is an amazing public speaker. No one can say for sure if he will live up to the things he says he can do for this country, but we can all hope things can only get better from here. Everyone also needs to realize that they cannot just sit back and let Obama do all the work -- it is so important that we, as American citizens, do our part to help out to the best of our ability.

And way to blow it, Eagles. Here's to trying to win the Stanley Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment